We have been talking to lots of local community groups, and members of the public to help us develop materials which would be useful for people who only go to the dentist when they have a problem.
Why don’t you go to the dentist?
and What would help you to go?
Lots of people told us their stories and we have used these to help us make our materials useful. We have also spoken to people who do go to the dentist for regular care to see what these people think, and if we could take anything from their stories to try to help people who only go when they have problems. To give you an idea of where we have been, here is a list of some of the places we have visited to get people’s stories:
- Prince’s Trust – talking to young people aged 18 -25 all over Merseyside
- Liverpool 6 Centre – talking to pensioners from the Everton area
- Northwood Community Centre – talking to people local to Kirkby
- Netherton Feelgood Factory – talking to women of all ages in the Netherton area
- Everton in the Community – talking to veterans of all ages
- City of Liverpool College – talking to young people aged 18 – 30
- Merseyside Law Centre – talking to a range of people from all over Merseyside
- Laing O’Rourke building site – speaking to building contractors of all ages